Tuesday, November 16, 2010

80--CONTINUED---34

One year all of our family, (Gatha, Arlo and children) went with Aunt Isabel and Gordon, to see Richard and Roxanne in Iowa. We went in Isabel's pickup, which had a cover on the back, where the children and I rode. It was the only trip we ever made with all of us. Iowa was a fun experience. Alta and Tiny also lived there.

When the children were all at home, we took several trips, without Arlo. One year we went to Los Alamos to visit Keith and Erma and their family. We went in the Voltswagon pickup. Another year we went to Pueblo to visit Nona and her family. The Voltswagon died and we had to have Arlo come and get us. Tom Rogers brought it home on one of his trucks and we took it the car to Santa Fe to get it repaired.

We spent many times in the mountains, camping out and when we got the cabin, we went to the cabin and spent many good times there. We had several reunions there, One time with Arlo's brothers and sisters. Earl and Winnie and their chidren and Isabel and Gordon and Raedeen and her family, Richard and his family and Jessie and Cecil were all there. It was a special time.

Several times we had Dunn reunions there also. There were a lot of us. We have also had reunions with our family, (Gatha and Arlo). We also had reunions after Arlo was no longer with us. Those are great memories. The last time we were there with my children's families, There was a hail storm that had such big hail stones that one of the stones went through a plastic water bucket lid. It was about 2 inches across. The hole is still in that lid.

When Emery J. was born, Arlo and I flew to California, Bonnie wanted us to come, but Arlo didn't want to go. It was Christmas time so I told Arlo that I wouldn't go and leave him home alone for Christmas. He finally dedided to go, to be with Bonnie, Emery and Shandi. John Henry was already born, but was very small. We had a wonderful time. We went to Wild Animal Park, Sea World, and many other things. We carried Emery J in a child carrier that fit in the front. I carried him most of the time. That was so special. We went to Lancaster and visited Loyd and Catherine. Bonnie and Emery drove us to Provo, where Larry and Jeanette were living, as He was in school. That is the only plane trip Arlo ever took. He was surprised at how much fun we had.

After I moved to Mesa, Bonnie, Shandi, Emery J, Monica, and I went from Mesa to Albuquerque and spent a night with Barbara, We went to Manassa to Marcy's wedding and from there Bonnie, Shandi, Emery J, Monica, Danette and I went on a three week trip. We went to Yellowstone National Park. We spent several days there. That is a beautiful place. We were there when there was a forest fire there. We saw the smoke, but were not aware that it was in the park. From there, we drove across Idaho and to Portland, Oregon, where we stayed with Jane Pagett and her family overnight and then we went down the coast highway on our way back to Fallbrook. We went through the red woods. I have a picture of all of us with our hands together reaching around one of the Huge trees. We spent a night in a park there and then we stayed in a nice motel along the coast. We were the first people to walk in the sand on the beach the next morning. Ours were the only foot prints in the sand on the beach.
We spent several days in Yosemite National Park. That is a beautiful place. We went on to Fallbrook. and Bonnie took me back to Mesa, where I was living.

I went on several trips with our singles group to singles conferences. I went with a group to San Diego and met Bonnie on a beach. She brought John Henry for me to see. He was still very small. I went to 4 or 5 conferences. Those were fun times for me. Dottie and Carol, my friends were fun to go with.

While I lived in Mesa, I went back to Colorado every year. I still had my house there and Don and Gloria lived in Alamosa. I enjoyed going to the library in LaJara to see Marie and Vangie. I worked there with them for 7 year.

I have gone with Larry and Jeanette to the Salt Lake area to see their children and spend time with them. Those times are very special to me.

I have gone on several trips since I have lived in St George. Those are for another story.

1 comment:

Kent said...

It was while we were on the trip to Iowa that I learned about what not to do on an electric fence.


Bingham family, about 1936