Thursday, May 8, 2008

James Edward Bingham



James Edward Bingham (right) was born in Manassa, Colorado on the 5th of August, 1898. His parents were Jeremiah Edward Bingham and Ada Zoa Jack. His older sister, Eliza May, was born 19 May 1897. James Edward, known as Ted, was born 5 Aug, 1898. His little sister, Bessie was born 30 May, 1900. She died 1 Jul, 1900. Ted's baby sister, Dorothy was born 18 Jul 1901.
Ted's father was killed in 1901. He worked for a sawmill. He was hit by a falling tree. Ted was just 3.
Ted's mother remarried to Charles Peterson. They had two more children. She died in 1907. Ted was but 9 years old.
Ted lived with his Aunt Mattie and Uncle Ab and with His Aunt Zem Jack until he was about 14. He was then on his own.
Ted's sister May and her Husband, Charlie Schofield lived accross the street from Simeon and Annie Dunn. It was there that he met Cora Emily Dunn. When they married, Ted was 27 and Cora was 17. They were married in the home of Cora's parents in Manassa, Colorado on 25 May, 1926.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kent, thank you for posting the little history of my dad. I often think now that I didn't know my dad well enough. My brothers tell things about him that I knew nothing about. I hope Leon will tell us some things about the things he did with them. He was really a great dad. I admired this one special thing about him. He would never allow us children to talk back to Mom or say or do anything that would hurt her. He loved my mom so much that when she died, he could hardly stand life. We all said he died of a broken heart.

Larry said...

It would be nice to have some pictures to relate to the people mentioned in the articles.

Kent said...

I agree, but I don't have any. Mom, could you share some of the pictures that you used to write your little green book?

Larry said...

I have some of the pictures, but I do not know who anybody is from the picture. I copied mom's pictures a few years ago. Maybe she has others that I did not get.


Bingham family, about 1936