Sunday, April 6, 2008

Slideshows

I have added a new slideshow to this site. I would have liked to start with Uncle Keith, but I'll have to rely on Laraine and her siblings to do that. I don't have enough pictures to make it work.
Life has taken its toll on the pictures I have. Thanks to Larry who took the time to scan some of Mom's albums, I was able to gather a few pictures of Mom.
I took the slideshow that was on the site and moved it further down on the web as it made me sea sick for them to be going at the same time.
I stuck a picture of a cabin in this slide show. I know why, do you?
I have really enjoyed working with the pictures I have. I am hoping that some of you will be able to add more. I am hoping too that you will be able to add more memories to this site.
A couple of the pictures in the "Gatha Bingham Vance Wilson" slideshow were taken when mother was an employee of the school hot lunch system in Manassa. At one time they used the kitchen of the old opera house in Manassa. She would being leftovers from the school home. She brought the food home to feed her "pigs" at home. My favorite was when she would bring home shepherds' pie or American pizza.

5 comments:

Larry said...

@Kent,

The slide shows can be embedded in the individual articles if you do not wish to change the slide shows in the sidebar.

All that is needed is collect the necessary HTML from the site where the slide show resides and paste it in the article. The information will have the form of something like

"< embed>....lotsa stuff here ...< /embed >"

Kent said...

I'll have to try that on the next one I try.

Larry said...

How did it go with the embedded slideshow?

Kent said...

I tried it, but was not successful. I'll keep trying.

Larry said...

In order to do it successfully you need to copy the entire block of HTML with the
< embed>
....

< /embed>

and then paste it into the "edit html window"

you can preview it to see if it works.


Bingham family, about 1936