Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Grandma Cora 100

I did this once but don't find it on the blog. Today my Mom would be 100 years old. I have never been able to see her in my mind since she died 64 years ago. She was a wonderful mother and I think of her so often. The years have gone by so fast and so slow. It seems forever.
Mom and Dad were very in love. Dad could hardly leave the house without Mom being with him. I think that is why it was so hard for him when she wasn't there any more. They were fun parents. We did a lot of fun things together. I remember sitting around the table after supper in the winter, we visited for long periods of time. Those are special memories for me. We didn't have TV or even radio that was plain enough to listen to very well. Living on a farm and spending evenings together was special. Sometimes one of our parents read to us or we played table games. We had a good life. The gospel was center in our lives. We talked about many things. Those were the days!!!
Doris Faye was 70 today.

I am sure that they would both have been very pleased with all of you. They didn't get to know any of you. I think it will be a joyous day when we are all together again.

4 comments:

Kent said...

So, describe one of the fun things you did with your parents. I could use some good ideas.

I have always watched Doris Faye's age. She's ten years older than I. Mom is ten years older than Doris Faye. Doris is ten years older than Mom. Grandma was ten years older than Doris. Ten years is easier to accept that the 40 years between Grandma Bingham and me.

Larry said...

My father-in-law is 25 years older than me. His father-in-law was 25 years older than him. I was 25 when Arlo was born.

Kent said...

It's interesting how you can always find a pattern in life. It makes life more predictable.

Larry said...

The Master's hand is in all things.


Bingham family, about 1936