Sunday, March 1, 2009

80-- CONTINUED--15

Bonnie and Emery were married on November 11, 1978 in California. Bonnie had been living with Ina and Henry in California. She met Emery at a singles dance and he began coming to see her and they were married. On 23 August 1979, Shandi was born. I went to California to be with Bonnie and help take care of the baby. She was the first one to be born out of Colorado. Emery was so pleased with Shandi. She was a sweet child and I am so glad that she is my granddaughter.

Larry and Jeanette were married on the 15th of December, 1979. They were married in the Salt Lake Temple. Their wedding was special. They had a reception in Utah and one in Manassa. Jeanette's parents came to colorado and stayed with us for the reception. That was nice.

They were living in Provo, Utah where both of the them attended BYU. until Jeanette graduated. James Arlo was born on 29th of September 1980, in Provo. Arlo is a very special person and I have always admired him. One time I went to Provo and stayed with them for a few days and I pulled him around in the wagon that his dad made for him. He cried when I went home. I have always felt bad that I didn't live closer to all of the grandchildren.

Emery J. was the next grandchild. He was born on the 1st of December 1980. Bonnie and Emery were living in Torrance, California when he was born. Bonnie wanted me to come and help her with Shandi. He was expected so close to Christmas that I tried to talk Arlo into going with me, but he said no, so I said that I wouldn't go and leave him home alone for Christmas. Arlo decided to go with me. That is one of the times that he and I had a wonderful time together. Emery J. came a little early so by the time we got there, he was about 10 days old. We had Christmas with them. Bonnie and Emery took us to San Diego to Sea world and Wild Animal park and to Lancaster to see Ina and Loyd and family. On the way home they drove us to Provo to see Larry and Jeanette and Arlo, who was 3 months old. We flew home from Salt Lake. That was nice to see three of our grandchildren, Shandi, Emery J. and Arlo. Also to spend time with Bonnie and Emery and Larry and Jeanette.

TO BE CONTINUED !

4 comments:

Kent said...

If you were doing the grandchildren in order, you left some out.

Unknown said...

Kent, go back and read the last segment.

Kent said...

Thank you for adding them.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the information. I have a poor memory for when things happened. If you would add anything that you would like to be in it. do so.


Bingham family, about 1936