Wednesday, March 11, 2009

80--CONTINUED--17

After Arlo Died, my life changed. I was still working at the Conejos County Library. I worked there for 7 years. The following year I was very busy. I kept myself so busy that I didn't have time to think. in all. I was on four major boards. I was president of the Conejos County Hospital Auxiliary, I was on the board of directors for the building next to the Hospital that was built to house people who were in need of housing where they had help from hospital personal. I was Republican Committee Woman, and I was on the Cemetary Board of Directors and I was also on a group of people from the Alamosa Library, (genealogy).

I stayed home for a year and then moved to Mesa, Arizona. I lived with Georgiana Lillywhite, as a companion. She was 90 years old. I worked there for her for one year. While I was there I was called as an ordinance worker in the Mesa Temple. One day Kent called me and said he needed me to live with him. He and Phyllis had divorced and his life was difficult at the time. I lived with Kent In Colorado Springs for a year. That was a special time. Kent and I had a great time. He met Betty while I was there. We did singles things and he worked at the job he has now, but the company changed. He has been there a long time. I worked for a drapery company. Kent and Betty married on the 30th of January 1987. With their marriage I gained two more grandchildren. Brenda and Eddie. I am glad that they have been a part of my family. Eddie is the first death of the family, other than my husbands.

I moved back to Mesa and lived with LaRue and Harold and with Leon and Jean. I went back to work in the temple. Dottie Vance and I rented a house and shared three different homes in Mesa.

On the 15th of June 1987, Anita was born. in Greenville, Texas, where Larry was working as a civil engineer for an airplane place. I went there and stayed with them to help out with the children. Anita has been special to me ever since and still is. I love her dearly. I pray for her happiness.

On the 8th of August, 1989, John Henry was born. Shandi had been staying with Dottie and me, which she did several Summers, when Bonnie called that John had been born. Bonnie had toxemia and was in serious condition. The doctor sent her to SanDiego hospital by ambulance and they took John early. He only weighed a ltttle over 3 pounds. As soon as he was born, Bonnie was OK. Shandi and I drove to SanDiego in my Honda car, which had no air conditioning. It was a rather hot ride. He was small enough that Emery held him in his hand and he came from Emery's finger tips to his wrist. I have a picture somewhere. You would never know it know it now. He is a big young man.

On the 22 August 1990 I entered the MTC to go to the Washington, Seattle Mission. I served there for one year. I was released on 8th of August 1991 I was in the mission field when Debra was born.

Larry and Jeanette moved from Texas to Denver, where he worked for Martin Marietta. That is where Debra was born, on the first of February 1990. She was a beautiful child. She is a lovely person.

In 1992 I moved to St George. Ina called and said that Henry was seriously sick and she needed help. I left Mesa that day and never returned to Mesa to live. I lived with Ina after Henry died. I met Ward Wilson and we married on the 7th of August 1993, for time only in the St George Temple. On our first anniversary we were in the MTC, going to the Illinois, Chicago Mission. We served there for 14 months. Ward had parkinsons disease and was not able to do the work after that. We were released in October, 1993

On our way home from our mission, we went by to See Kent and Betty, in Longmont and, Larry and Jeanette, in Denver. I remember Ward saying that Debra was the prettiest little girl that he had ever seen.

Our last grandchild, Eric was born in Denver on the 28th of May 1994. That makes 18 grandchildren. That is our heritage. Those who came to our family, hopefully will be ours for all eternity. because all of their families are sealed for eternity and I believe with all my heart that they will all be there, because it it a promise.

TO BE CONTINUED

3 comments:

Larry said...

I am glad that I did rant and rave
About history that you did save
Glad that you posted on this BLOG
Am consuming it like a fat hog
I will anticipate 17 just like a slave

Anonymous said...

Correction. Debra was born in 1990.

Kent said...

I appreciate the year you lived with me. We referred to ourselves as the three musketeers. We did have a lot of fun.


Bingham family, about 1936