Thursday, February 28, 2008

Grandma Cora


My parents didn't have the pleasure of knowing any of their grandchildren or great grandchildren. She was the kindest person I knew. She never said a bad word about another person. If someone said something unkind about someone, she would say something nice about them. That had a tendency to stop bad rumors. Mom was a gentle person. She would be so proud to be your grandmother.

My Mom and Dad were so in love that being apart was painful for my dad. He was so sad when Mom died that life was too hard for him. I always felt that he died of a broken heart. They spent as much time together as it was possible. That is why she was on the tractor with him when the power take-of on the tractor broke and cut her leg from the knee to the hip to the bone. It was a terrible thing. She never recovered from that injury.

I didn't know that my mom could die. That kind of thing only happened to other people. We were back in school and almost everyday when we got off the bus and opened the door, someone would say "Mama", that was a hard time for all of us. That is the reason why we never talked about our parents. It was a too hard subject. I guess we never got over it.

I have great respect for my mom and hope when I see her again she will be pleased with the kind of person that I am. I also hope she and Dad will be be happy with all of you. I know they already love all of you. Grandma Gatha

3 comments:

Kent said...

Mom, this is a beautiful article and it really touched me. I hope it's ok for me to add the photograph.

Unknown said...

Kent, Thank you for the beautiful photograph. Love to all of you. Mom

Larry said...

Looking at some of the pictures of Cora Emily Dunn Bingham I see traces of some of our faces.


Bingham family, about 1936