Sunday, February 10, 2008

My Aunt Doris Faye

Doris Faye and her family lived in Manassa for the years when I was a teenager. She was very kind to me. She and Uncle Bill would allow me to use their vehicles. I don't remember now much about what I did when I was out with their cars, but I do remember the exchanges.

Doris Faye was good enough to let me try to learn to drive in her Chevrolet sedan. We went out of town behind the "M" where the roads are not level, but have an incline. As we were going down the hill I stepped on the clutch. This allowed us to accelerate along the road. The road curved. I lost control. Doris Faye grabbed the wheel and told me to step on the brakes. I tore the muffler from the exhaust system on the rocks at the side of the road. What an adventure.

1 comment:

Larry said...

I drove their old Ford pickup more than once too.


Bingham family, about 1936