Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Some things about my Dad


My Dad was a person that could do anything he set his mind to do.

As a young man, he was a guide for people who fished the high lakes or for hunters in the mountains. He worked for a dude ranch. He loved horses.

He was a trained meat cutter and worked for several stores as a meat cutter. He had training as a barber, but never set up a shop.

He farmed and raised cattle.

He was a great Dad. It was important for us to respect our mom. We were not allowed to talk back to her or in any way be disrespectful to her. My dad didn't allow it. I have always loved that in him.

I hope that my parents are proud of each of you. I'm sure they would be proud to be you grandfather and grandmother.

1 comment:

Larry said...

Thank you for that insight, as it is something that I never new.


Bingham family, about 1936