Tuesday, January 27, 2009

80 CONTINUED 4

After Bonnie was born, Ed Guymon built two rooms on the 2 room house we were living in. That was roomier and made it possible for Doris Faye and the boys to have a room, and for Arlo and me to have a bedroom. All of us had shared one room. It was the living room and our bedroom.

Arlo enjoyed hunting and fishing and that was where he spent his extra time. Sometimes we went with him, but most of the time we didn't.

At some time later Arlo didn't work for Ed Guymon anymore, and we moved into Grandma Vance's house in LaJara, for a short time. From there we moved to a house between Sanford and Bountiful. Arlo worked for a man named Gylling. I don't remember his first name.

At that time Grandma Vance had alziemers disease and she spent part of that year living with us. She had the kind that she became a wanderer. It was hard to keep track of her. We loved her dearly, but it was hard to keep her, since I hardly ever had a car, as Arlo went to work in it.

Kent wrote a post on the blog about Donnie dropping the manure fork from the top of a shed and it cut a hole in Kent's head, We were out in the country and had neither a phone nor a car that we could use. That was quite a year.

From there we moved to a farm house Northwest of Romeo. That is where we lived when Larry was born. LaRue and I were both expecting babies, we decided to have them at our house. Doctor Davis was willing to come to our house to deliver them. I took care of LaRue when Eddie was born and LaRue took care of me when Larry was born. (Harold was in the army, overseas.)

Arlo was working for Thales Smith and the farm house was a part of the pay for his work.

I was so excited to get Larry. He was born on the 20th of October, 1954. Arlo had lived a life of poverty as he was growing up and didn't think it was fair to have a big family. I begged for Larry. He is a great blessing to me. How can you thank the Lord enough for a good family?

The winter after Larry was born, Donnie got rheumatic fever and saint vitus dance. Arlo had a pinched nerve in his back and suffered terribly with it. Donnie had a priesthood blessing and the saint vitus dance was instantly healed. It was a disease of the nerves that went with rheumatic fever. He shook so bad that he could hardly hold a spoon, to eat.

Richard and Roxann and Gerald Lynn came to have Christmas with us. Larry and Gerald Lynn were both blessed in the church while they were there. That year the weather was very mild. In fact it was very warm.

Richard And Roxann took Arlo to Grand Junction to the veterans hospital. He was there for about a month and was transfered to Denver Vetrans hospital. He had back surgery in Dencer.

I had to move, since Arlo was no longer working for Thales, I moved my little family to Manassa, so I'd had some help taking care of the children while I worked at hot lunch, in Manassa.

TO BE CONTINUED!

5 comments:

Kent said...

I can't wait for the next installment!

I remember a Brother Jackson that used to be our home teacher. He once brought a can of peanuts to us. It was a gag gift and spring "snakes" came out of the can when you opened it. Was that at the house in Romeo?

Jeanette said...

These stories are so fabulous to me. What a wonderful family history you are sharing,. Thank you, thank you!

Larry said...

I am pleased. You only have 156 more to go.

Unknown said...

Kent, You asked if Brother Jackson was in Romeo. I'm not sure. If it was Alfred Jackson it was Manassa, it was Romeo if it was Ray and Jay's dad.

Kent said...

I think it was Ray and Jay's dad. I know Alfred Jackson and it wasn't him.


Bingham family, about 1936