Saturday, January 10, 2009

David and Marti


Last night, I got a phone call from David to let me know that he and Marti would be in Colorado Springs today. It's been a number of years since we saw David. When we were both North of Denver, we saw each other frequently, but since Betty and I have moved to Colorado Springs, we haven't seen each other. We were eager to see David and get to meet Marti. They got here at about 8:45 this morning.


David and I would drop in on one another now and then and I have always enjoyed his visits. David loves to laugh. He has a smile that starts on the corner of his dark eyes and spreads to his whole person. I got a kick out of him today when he told me the same jokes that he had told me last night. The sad part is that I couldn't remember the punch lines and the jokes were new to me all over again.


These photos are shuffled so I am not going to try to put them in order. I need to learn a better way of handling the photos.

I sat down on the sofa between Marti and David and we looked at pictures from the blog and talked about our memories of our family and of Manassa.


It's funny how two people who grow up in the same town and in the same family can have such different memories of the past.

I sent invitations to both Marti and David to join this blog. I really hope that they take me up on that invitation. I don't want to lose track of David again.


It has been fun to reconnect with some of our family members through the blog, and to keep track of what is happening in each other's lives. It will be fun to do that with David's family too.






2 comments:

Kent said...

Welcome aboard, David.

Unknown said...

David, with your mustache, I wouldn't even recognize you. It is good to see you in the distance again. Kent, thank you for posting the pictures and bringing David and Marti into existence for me.


Bingham family, about 1936