Sunday, February 1, 2009

Lawsons


One year, Harold Lawson was deployed to Vietnam and his family was left behind. They parked a trailer home next to our home and during that year, they were our next door neighbors.
David was the newest member of the family, and I remember how proud his parents were of him. Even at this age, I enjoyed listening to David laugh and loved to watch his nose wrinkle up as he did. His handsome dark brown eyes were such a contrast to LaRue and Eddies beautiful clear blue eyes.

Uncle Harold's military career took the family to a number of places. I remember that they lived for a time in Alaska and by the time that David was in high school, they lived in Bloomfield Colorado. David played football there. In this photo, he looks like he really means business.

I was so involved with my own life that I haven't done a good job of keeping up on the doings of the Lawson family. I know that for a while Harold and LaRue lived in Mesa, Arizona

Everyone grew up entirely without my involvement.

For a time, Eddie (John) and his wife lived near us as did David.
Eddie and his wife moved to Missouri where his wife is from.

David called after he had back surgery and we went up to visit. David and I rekindled our friendship. Now and then we get together and laugh and remember old times.


David now lives in Commerce City, Colorado. He and his girlfriend, Marti came to visit a couple of weeks ago. I always love David's infectious laugh. Marti is a sweetheart and we enjoyed getting to know her a little better.

Someone talked me into joining Facebook. I've really enjoyed the conversations with friends on Facebook. I especially have enjoyed these photos that David shared on Facebook. I thought it would be nice to share them with you.

I even saw that Michael was on Facebook. He posted some pictures of his life in the Caribean. It has been fun to get reacquainted.




This picture of the Lawson family is more recent than any I have in my collections. It is good to see their faces again. I'm looking forward to seeing them more on the blog and on Facebook. I love them very much and want to know them better.

No comments:


Bingham family, about 1936